Direct Ancestry is from IRISH Kings, an AUSTRIAN Hessian soldier, PRUSSIANS, a FRENCH Filles des Roi, FRENCH Royalty, a METIS Voyageur, ACADIANS and a Gangster ... including and descending from ... plowmen, seamstresses, nurses, WWI and WWII CANADIAN & USA military personnel, a couple of blacksmiths, railroad workers, a semi-pro hockey goalie ... and possibly a rum-runner!

Oldest O'KANE direct ancestor photo

Oldest O'KANE direct ancestor photo
GREAT GRANDPARENTS ... Thomas O'Kane & Catherine Walsh with sons William, Leslie and John

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Johannes Lentz & Charlotte Rocbrune dit Larocque

PARENTS (not validated)
Son of John Lentz and Catherine LaRiviere
Daughter of Unknowns

RELATIONSHIP TO ME
Maternal THIRD grand-parents




I have taken my maternal primary family branch as far back as Johannes Lentz and Charlotte Rocbrune dit Larocque. I believe Johannes was born in Austria abt. 1765 and participated in the American Revolution as a Hessien soldier fighting for the British. He was attached to the Brunswick, Riedesel Regiment  in Quebec 1800. Following the war he applied as a petitioner under the Von den Veldon Land Program and was one of many soldiers who remained in Canada. Charlotte was born 1761 in Oka, Quebec and they married in 1790. I have not proven the Hessien connection and I do not have any official census records for either.

I have a fairly clear descendent trace from them back to myself. The information was gathered from genealogy websites and official archives and I have some formal documents and records.

To solve ...

1. I have photography that identifies Maxime Lentz that I believe may actually be his father Michel (s/o Johannes). I also have young and older photos of a Maxime that I believe may not be of the same man. All of these come from family albums with handwritten names. 

No comments:

Post a Comment